(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)
Compared to some of the other bootlegs released recently, this is a weak copy. It comes without a
picture sleeve, the vinyl labels have easily noticable differences and there is even a mistake in the
- The most obvious difference is the fact that the original version came in a picture sleeve while
the bootleg comes in a black die-cut sleeve.
- The second track on Side-A is listed incorrectly on the bootleg as "Time To Ill".
- The etching on the run out groove of the original has "650418-6 A1" (and B1 on the flip side) and a
small stamp of "AD2". The bootleg has the correct etching information but is missing this small
- The etching on the original is also much closer to the center of the vinyl.
The Vinyl Label Differences:
- A thicker but shorter font has been used on the bootleg for printing "A Side", "BEASTIE BOYS" and
the track titles.
- Again, the font used for the catalogue number on the right hand side is much thicker and shorter
on the bootleg, and is even more noticeable.
- The CBS logos next to each title of CBS around the perimeter of the label have no real detail to
them in the bootleg and are also missing their square surrounding box.
- The circles separating the CBS titles are larger on the bootleg and often look misplaced next to
the CBS logos.
- The bottom of the original label has the CBS Logo and (P) symbol looking very different to the
bootleg, which has them much larger than on the original.
- The color used for the font of the logos on the bootleg is much whiter than on the original.