Cookie Puss - French 12"
2002: The latest in the ever increasing list of Beastie Bootlegs - Cookie Puss. This time they haven't
used an English version to copy (well there isn't a English pressing to copy!) so they have used the
French version. This is one of the hardest bootlegs to distinguish so far.
- As with the other bootlegs so far, the most obvious difference is the fact that the original
version came in a picture sleeve while the bootleg comes in a plain (pink) die-cut sleeve.
- The Side-A Runout groove etchings of the original have "MOTR.26.A-2" and "MPO". The bootleg has
"MOTR 26-A1" and is missing "MPO".
- The Side-B Runout groove etchings of the original have "MOTR.26.B-2" and "MPO". The bootleg has
"MOTR 26-B1" with the '1' being quite small. Again it is missing "MPO" like on Side-A.
- The original version comes with a double sided insert, while the bootleg does not.
The Vinyl Label Differences:
- The Side-A label main color of the bootleg is darker than the original, with it being a lot
blacker than the original off black.
- The image of the original Side-A has less contrast, with the bootleg seeing to be a lot more
extreme with the white areas.
- There is very little difference between the Side-B labels. Again the black print is darker on the
bootleg, but the only other noticable difference is that the text across the bottom "MADE IN
FRANCE", is slightly thinner on the original and the text is positioned 0.7cm from the edge on the
original and 1cm on the bootleg.