That's It That's All Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: To the 5 Boroughs LP, 4 June 2004
Written by: Beastie Boys
Performed by: Beastie Boys
Production Notes: Produced by Beastie Boys. Mixed by Supa Engineer "DURO" for No Question Ent./Loreal Inc. Recording engineered by Beastie Boys and Jon Weiner. Turntable Extraordinaire: Mix Master Mike. Recorded and mixed at Oscilloscope Laboratories. Mastered by Chris Athens at Sterling Sound.
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Rock Box" by Run-DMC from their debut album Run-DMC (1984)
- George W - George Walker Bush (1946- ), the 43rd president of the United States
- Scorpio - astrological zodiac sign for people who are born on or between the dates of October 24 - November 22
- Creme de la creme - French for "the very best"; the expression is also used in "Body Movin'"
- Brooklyn - a borough of New York City
- Manhattan - a borough of New York City
- Winnie the Pooh - children's book written in 1926 by English author A.A. Milne about the adventures of Christopher Robin and his stuffed bear, Winnie the Pooh
- Boogaloo - a dance
- George Whipple - a banking lawyer/entertainment correspondent for NY1, a New York City local news channel
- NY1 - a New York City local news channel
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "And my zodiac sign is Scorpio" - Mike D's birthday is November 20, placing him under the zodiac sign of Scorpio
- "Fresh...for you!" - a sample from Run-DMC's "Rock Box"
- "Make you bounce, rock, roller-skate/Don't underrate, yo, how I operate" - "Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll" was a 1980 disco tune by Vaughan Mason & Crew which launched the bounce sound that led to hits like "Bounce to the Ounce" by Zapp & Roger
- 'Cause I'm a freaky streaker like Winnie the Pooh/T-shirt and no pants and I dance the Boogaloo" - beloved literary "streaker" Winnie the Pooh always sports a red t-shirt but no pants
"Isn't that weird? That's a sample from Run-DMC and we didn't even realize that until Run from Run-DMC had said we sampled it." - Beastie Boys, 2004
Performed in 8 known Concerts.
First known Performance:
25-Apr-2003 : House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, United States
Last known Performance:
08-Aug-2004 : Chiba Marine Stadium, Tokyo, Japan