Mike on the Mic Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Paul's Boutique LP, July 1989
Written by: Beastie Boys
Performed by: Beastie Boys
Production Notes: Produced by Beastie Boys & Dust Brothers. Recorded at Mario G's, mixed at Record Plant. Engineered by Mario Caldato, assisted by Allen Abrahamson. Originally released on Capitol Records.
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "At the Fever" by LoveBug Starski
- Lloyd Lindsey Young - a WWOR weatherman in Secaucus, New Jersey
- Red Lobster - an American seafood restaurant chain
- Raymond Burr (1917-1993) - a character actor, famed for mainly playing bad guys and later, a crime-solving lawyer
- The Village - Greenwich Village, a lower Manhattan neighborhood
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "It's a trip, it's got a funky beat, and I can bug out to it" - a sample of Lloyd Lindsey Young
"...a selection of snippets of New York life loosely bound together by their shared brevity; it forms a sort of final summary of what Paul's Boutique is all about" - paraphrased from Rhyming & Stealing: A History of the Beastie Boys by Angus Batey, 1998
No Known Performances in Concert.