Funky Donkey Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, April 2011
Written and Produced by: Beastie Boys Published by: Brooklyn Dust Music/Universal-Polygram International Publishing Inc. (ASCAP) Recorded by: Beastie Boys, Jon Weiner, and Andre Kelman at Oscilloscope Laboratories Mixed by: Beastie Boys and Philippe Zdar at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Assistant Mix Engineer: Pet Bischoff Mastered by: Vlado Meller at Universal Mastering Studios, NY; Assisted by Mark Santangelo
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- "Twin City Hustler" by The Diamels
- "(It's Called) Love Boat" by Pretty Ron and the Love Boat Crew
- Arnold Palmers - a beverage consisting of half iced tea and half lemonade named for golfer Arnold Palmer; a favorite beverage of Mix Master Mike
- Dolly Partner - a goof on Dolly Parton, an American country singer-songwriter and actress; she is also referenced in "Shazam"
- Pad Thai - a tamarind-based Thai noodle dish that combines rice noodles with meat, eggs, and a sweet sauce
- Pad See Yew - a soy-based Thai noodle dish that combines rice noodles with meat, eggs, and a sweet sauce
- Shvitz - a Yiddish word meaning "sweat"
- Crocs - a foam clog
- Dr. Jekyll - a character in the novella Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Sample & Reference Breakdown
- "My other order, Pad See Yew, is much darker" - similar to lyrics in "My Philosophy" by Boogie Down Productions ("My other brother I.C.U. is much darker")
- "The pump don't work 'cause the vandals took the handles" - lyrics refer to those in "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan ("The pump don't work 'cause the vandals took the handles")
No Known Performances in Concert.