Now Get Busy Click for Lyrics
First Appearance: To the 5 Boroughs LP, 4 June 2004
Written by: Beastie Boys
Performed by: Beastie Boys
Production Notes: Produced by Beastie Boys. Mixed by Supa Engineer "DURO" for No Question Ent./Loreal Inc. Recording engineered by Beastie Boys and Jon Weiner. Turntable Extraordinaire: Mix Master Mike. Recorded and mixed at Oscilloscope Laboratories. Mastered by Chris Athens at Sterling Sound.
Behind the Beats and Lyrics...
- Yosi - Adam Horovitz' muffin seller
- Rudy Van Gelder (1924- ) - legendary jazz engineer
- Pro-choice - supporting or advocating legalized abortion
- "Indella" ink - indelible (unerasable) ink
- Nutella - a brand of chocolate hazelnut spread
- Yes Y'aller - "Yes, yes y'all" is a lyrical phrase most commonly found in Old School raps
- East Coast - the region of the US bordering on the Atlantic Ocean
- Nelson Mandela (1918-2013) - South African statesman and former president of South Africa who advocates non-violent resistance to apartheid
- Count Dooku - a fictional Star Wars character, renegade Jedi and master swordsman
- Queen Amidala - a fictional Star Wars character, wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother of Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
Sample & Reference Breakdown:
- "Middle school rapper and a proud yes y'aller"- Rap and hip-hop music can be roughly divided into two groups: Old School and New School. The dividing line between Old and New is hazy, but Old School generally refers to the very first hip-hop from the late 1970's and early 80's, while New School refers to the late 80's to today. Since the Beastie Boys emerged in '85-86, they could be considered the "Middle School," neither Old nor New.
- "From the East Coast so I don't say hella" - "Hella," a saying mainly spoken in California (the West Coast), means "super;" so if someone says "Hella cool," they mean "Super cool."
No Known Performances in Concert.